We are currently looking for Healthcare Equipment Installers to join the team within our Redbridge Community Equipment Service Centre based in Hainault. This position plays a crucial role in helping to transform the lives of those in need.
As a healthcare equipment provider, Millbrook Healthcare work in partnership with the NHS to supply the necessary equipment and aids to support people in their day to day life. Our community equipment ranges from simple walking frames and crutches to more complex equipment such as beds, hoists and pressure care equipment. We also carry out minor adaptations such as the installation of handrails and grab rails within the home which can make a significant impact in giving people the confidence to live more independently.
As a Healthcare Equipment Installer with us you will be responsible for the delivery, installation, collection and repair of community equipment within people’s homes and associated locations such as care homes, hospitals and schools across Redbridge and Havering. You may also be involved in the servicing and repair of equipment.
- Previous relevant experience is preferable however full training will be provided
- You must hold a full UK driving licence (minimum 3 years) with no more than 6 points
- You must be able to load and unload goods, some of which may be heavy
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential
- Due to the adaptations side of the role, basic DIY skills are advantageous
- Previous van driving experience would be beneficial
- This role participates in an emergency on-call rota and so flexibility is required
- 1 in 6 Saturday working rota
What can we offer you?
- £23,712.00 per annum + on call payments
- Company van is provided for work purposes
- Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) plus optional 5 unpaid days
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A rewards scheme – 200+ exclusive perks and discounts from leading retailers and leisure outlets
Our ambition at Millbrook Healthcare is to become the leading provider in the assisted living sector whilst ensuring our core company values ‘CARES’ remain unchanged. We are always looking to recruit hard working and talented individuals to become a part of our ongoing growth and success. You’ll enjoy all the support and encouragement you need to reach your own potential and develop a rewarding career along the way.
Care and respect for our colleagues and service users
Accountable and proud
Ready to learn and grow
Enhance our service users’ lives
Socially responsible, ethical and transparent
This role is working in a regulated activity and may be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.