We offer :
- Permanent positions
- Professional rates of pay
- Weekly pay
- Consistent hours / On-going Rotas
- 24/7 Professional Support
- Reward schemes
- Free in-house training
The Job / Responsiblities
- Caring for 8 - 18 year old individuals within a positive, nurturing, stimulating environment. The role requires the support worker to provide emotional, psycological and physical support whilst maintaining professional boundaries; building relationships that promote positive intgration of race, spirituality, gender, physical ability and sexual orientation.
- The support worker must meet the needs of each individual child / young person and help them to prepare for their future by building the youths confidence; managing their personal behaviour; developing independence; life and social skills.
- Keyworking and assessing the needs of young people; providing individual care plans / residential development plans; risk assessments and behaviour management plans. Providing LAC / PEP reports and correspondence.
- Carying out all duties associated with running a children's home : including : documenting the processes and procedures in log book entries ; running records, significant and notifiable events; physical interventions and accident forms.
- Communicating and liasing in the home environment; with families; members of the organisation; schools; local communities; agencies; official bodies. All of these actions perpetrated with the child/young persons interests as a paramount importance.
- Safeguarding and risk assessing in accordance with the policies and prodeecdures in place.
Required expectations :
- Experience of supporting 8 -18 yr olds in a residential setting
- Minimum of 6 months experience
- A committed team player
- Caring positive attitude
- Sympathetic and understanding
- An understanding of Health & Safety