You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Registered Nurse Manager
Registered Nurse Manager
Location: South West London
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
40 Hours per week plus on call arrangements
Our client, a care home that specialises in elderly frail and dementia care, is looking to recruit a Registered Nurse Manager to join their professional care team based in South West London
- Regional Manager
- Group Operations Director
- Company Directors
- Registered Authority
- Qualification Desired: Registered First Level General Nurse
- Qualifications Required: Registered Managers Award or equivalent
- DBS Check
- DBS CQC Authorisation
- Skills and Knowledge Needed: Care Act 2014 Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidelines
- An understanding and empathy with the elderly
- Previous Home Management experience necessary
- Proficiency in IT Skills preferred
The role of the Registered Manager is to manage all aspects of the Home’s daily operation, ensuring that the highest possible standard of care is provided in accordance with company policy and registration with the CQC, where residents are enabled to live with dignity and wellbeing. Residents and families are encouraged to contribute to the care planning process, and respect their choices, diversity and maintain their dignity at all times.
- The Registered Manager is the Registered Person for CQC purposes and is therefore responsible for the total care and wellbeing of residents and for ensuring that the nursing requirements are met in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Company.
- The Registered Manager is responsible for maintaining and/or improving the CQC rating for the Home.
- The Home Manager will head the Management Team made up of the Deputy Manager, and working alongside them is the Administration Manager who will be responsible for all administration, human resources, communication and public relations issues that are of a non-nursing nature.
- In view of the wide diversification of duties, time management and the ability to prioritise are essential. Knowledge of IT is needed as the Home operates a computerised Care Management System, and has time and attendance recording and appraisal systems.
- A staff development programme operates, and all trained staff are required to keep up-to-date in accordance with the NMC Registration. In addition, the Registered Manager will facilitate the on-going training, development and supervision of the healthcare team.
- Communication - to be personally aware of how the Home’s communication systems operate and to be fully conversant with the Policies, Procedures and objectives.
- Quality Assurance - All staff are accountable for the quality of their own work and for the operation of the relevant parts of the quality systems.
- Best Practice - To ensure professional practices are developed in line with Company Objectives and the NMC Code of Conduct.
- Health and Safety To comply with the Company’s policies and procedures and have a duty to advise management of any situation that is deemed unsafe within the Home.
- Environment To show concern for the fabric, decoration, equipment and building.
- Equality and Diversity We are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities in the workplace. Discrimination and prejudice will not be tolerated.
- Confidentiality All members of staff are required to undertake that they will not divulge to anyone personal and/or confidential information to which they may have access during their employment with St Cloud Care Ltd whether it is verbal, written or electronic, and ensure that it cannot be accessed by unauthorised persons.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to adopt a flexible attitude, dealing with any other duties consistent with a position of this seniority and to move with the changing needs of the Home.
This vacancy is being managed by Ben Moses at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook, can you also follow us on Twitter @spearrecltd and Instagram @spearrecruitment
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2018.
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Spear Recruitment Ltd
The job: has been sent to: