You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Occupational Therapy Support Workers
The hospital service has 31 in-patient beds designated for restricted access or locked rehabilitation. It provides care and treatment for the full spectrum of mental health illnesses with all patients being funded by the NHS. Successful Occupational Therapy Support Workers will work alongside and assist the Occupational Therapist. As a an Occupational Therapy support worker you main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing first hand support to the Occupational Therapist
- Assisting within creative, patient centred therapy programmes for individuals/groups who experience mental health difficulties
- Keeping up to date with new treatment methods
- Conducting research projects relating to mental health
- Planning and facilitating 1:1 and group activities with patients with complex mental health
- Accompanying patients outside the Hospital on Section 17 Leave
To be considered for an Occupational Therapy Support role you must understand the need to work flexibly and creatively. The company are especially interested in speaking to candidates with previous experience working in Mental Health. In addition, the following key skills and experience are essential:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time-keeping skills
- Practical with a proactive approach
Pro rata for a 2-week rolling pattern of 12.5-hour shifts (08:00-20:30), 3 days one week, 4 days the next, including alternate weekends.
- Subsidised Meals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career progression
- Team oriented environment
If you are interested in the Occupational Therapy Support Worker role, based in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your skills and experience.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Vision Mental Healthcare
The job: has been sent to: