You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Theatre Charge Nurse / Theatre Sister
We are working on behalf of one of the UK’s largest and most reputable cosmetic surgery providers, and currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Theatre Sister / Charge Nurse to join their friendly & professional team of staff at their prestigious London Hospital.
Duties of the Charge Nurse / Theatre Sister:
- In the absence of the Theatre Manager ensure the Theatre department is efficiently and effectively staffed and managed.
- Provide support to Theatre department staff, ensuring that relevant guidelines and targets are in place and monitored.
- Assist the Theatre Manager regarding education, training, and manpower/skill mix.
- review any aspect of the service that does not meet safe / satisfactory levels of care and action an improvement plan.
- Raise the profile of the Theatre department by promoting best practice initiatives.
- Foster an environment within which the development of practitioners is achieved.
- investigate any complaints or untoward incidents, accidents or other issues that may arise within the department and provide feedback and timely responses.
- Working alongside the facilities Manager to ensure the maintenance of all equipment is in accordance with manufacturers’ guidelines. Take action when faulty equipment is reported.
- Maintain personal records of staff with details of their professional development, sickness, study leave etc. To co-ordinate, annual leave and duty rotas to provide effective cover.
- To audit quality of care to improve service and ensure standards are maintained.
- To lead by example and to actively promote our values and patient first approach.
- To create the right working conditions and ensure that resources are available; more importantly, creating a culture, working relationships and the motivation to inspire people to be their best by always promoting a positive working environment.
- To always be a solution orientated problem solver.
- To continually seek ways to improve efficiencies, not only in your own department but in the business as a whole.
The full-time hours for this position will be 4, 10 hour day shifts per week, (with occasional weekend working requirements).
The successful candidate will be an experienced Theatre Practitioner, (with up to date NMC / HPC registration) have an Anaesthetics background, and will have at least 2 years management experience.
For more information on this position and to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris O’Brien on: (phone number removed) / (phone number removed).
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Dynamic Selection Ltd
The job: has been sent to: