You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Job Title: Hospice Physiotherapist
Salary: £38,000 Dependant on experience
Location: St John’s Wood
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated Palliative Care Physiotherapist to work within our Hospice, ideally you will have previous experience in Palliative Care although this can be trained if you have a passion for the field.
Reporting to the Hospice Therapy Lead, you will be responsible for providing highly specialised assessment and intervention for a varied caseload of Hospice patients.
A member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, with current HCPC registration, you will be an experienced physiotherapist with a particular interest and background in Hospice physiotherapy.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey. Uniquely, all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
What are my responsibilities in this Hospice Physiotherapist Role?
- To hold clinical responsibility for autonomously managing a complex patient caseload, undertaking appropriate and comprehensive specialist physiotherapy assessment and intervention for patients with life limiting conditions.
- To ensure therapy intervention is individualised and patient centred, focused towards what is important to the patient and involving the patient’s significant others throughout.
- To continually monitor and evaluate therapy intervention, modifying as indicated to support patients and their significant others to set realistic goals appropriate to their disease trajectory and to ensure their changing needs are met.
- To have a sound understanding of the complexities of working with patients with deteriorating conditions
-To advise on and implement therapeutic interventions aimed at optimising self management of symptoms, ensuring involvement of the patient, their significant others and the Multi-disciplinary team
- To lead on and implement group sessions as identified in partnership with the MDT
- To develop links and communication with AHP’s working in Palliative Care
- To be actively involved with the service development and evaluation of the Hospice Therapy Service
- To take the lead on appropriate projects of specific interest, as identified with the Therapy Lead
- To represent the Therapy Team as appropriate in the absence of the Therapy lead
Am I the right person for this Hospice Physiotherapist Role?
- BSc (hons) degree in Physiotherapy or diploma or equivalent
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration for physiotherapy
- Evidence of post graduate professional development
- Evidence of additional specialist knowledge acquired through relevant post-graduate physiotherapy training.
- Experience of working across a variety of inpatient and rehab specialties e.g. oncology, respiratory, neurology, orthopaedic, medical.
- Experience of symptom management of pain, fatigue, breathlessness and anxiety
- Experience of multidisciplinary team working.
- Specialist skills of assessment and treatment of patients with complex conditions
- Able to manage own clinical caseload by prioritising effectively.
- Ability to reflect and adapt practice to individual situations
- High level of communication skills in complex situations with patients, their significant others and healthcare professionals
- Evidence of high quality patient centred, holistic patient care
- Highly developed written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and self awareness skills
Why work for us?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension, to providing short-term accommodation for new starters.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth
The job: has been sent to: