You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Do you enjoy bringing a smile to those who are vulnerable and facing a difficult time?
If you are nodding to these questions, then we are certain this is the perfect role for you. Whether you are new to healthcare or experienced, we can offer you the support needed to excel in your medical career, provided you have a ‘can do’ attitude and bring your thirst for knowledge.
TLTP Medical are currently recruiting for dedicated and engaging Palliative Care Assistants to join one of the leading hospices in Aylesbury, that’s helping to provide specialist care and support to patients with life-limiting illnesses such as cancer, dementia and other fatal conditions.
We are a well-established nursing agency, supplying Palliative Care Assistants to the NHS, private hospitals as well as the community, in the serene settings of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
What is the nature of your role?
To be successful in this rewarding palliative care position; you are expected to deliver high-quality care and support to patients suffering from life-threatening illnesses, by ensuring they are comfortable where possible and helping them to manage any painful symptoms.
This is a sensitive and emotional time for patients and their family. Therefore, to help them cope with such distressing period, you will act as a huge support system throughout their final days or months of their lives, while being mindful of the patient’s condition.
What does the role entail?
* A Palliative Care Assistant must offer daily maintenance to patients and assist them with washing, showering and oral care.
* A Palliative Care Assistant is expected to help patients use facilities in the hospices, including the toilet and bathroom.
* Other palliative care assistant tasks include dressing and undressing patients, when necessary.
* You will also be required to apply lotions and creams, when required, especially around pressure areas.
* Palliative Care Assistants must monitor the progress of patients and report back to their families
* As a Palliative Care Assistant, you are required to care for patients and their families in the same way we would want for our loved-ones.
* You will utilise your excellent communication and interpersonal skills to create a bona fide relationship with patients and their families.
The ideal Palliative Care Assistants should have the following:
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* A positive and vibrant character, who can build a strong rapport with patients and their loved-ones.
* A solid understanding of the benefits and challenges of working in end of life care.
* Must own a driving license and be able to commute via own car.
* No healthcare experience necessary, but preferred.
* NVQ 2 or 3 desired but not essential.
In return, you will receive:
* Full training provided
* Flexible shifts
* You will also receive a highly-dedicated and experienced consultant
* Free uniform
Palliative Care Assistants Pay Rates
You have two payroll options; PAYE or via an Umbrella company. Rates of pay for each are as follows:
Pay rates via PAYE are:
* Mon-Fri rate: £8.28 ph
* Saturday rate: £11.32 ph
* Sunday rate: £13.07 ph
Pay rates via the use of an Umbrella company are:
* Mon-Fri rate: £9.90 ph
* Saturday rate: £13.00 ph
* Sunday rate: £15.00 ph
* An efficient management
* A fast-track compliant department
* A quick and easy registration process
* Support with DBS checks
We have a range of healthcare assistant positions, located in the relaxing and peaceful surroundings of Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey and Kent. To find out more, call Lisa Camp on (phone number removed) or click apply now.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
London Teaching Pool
The job: has been sent to: