You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Occupational Health Technician
SPORTS SCIENCE GRADS, FITNESS INSTRUCTORS, PERSONAL TRAINERS PEOPLE WITH A CONNECTION AND DESIRE TO WORK IN THE HEALTH INDUSTRY!!!!
We are currently looking for an Occupational Health Technician to join a fantastic healthcare organization, who's head office is based in Redditch, but who have large contracts across England and Scotland. The client is looking to employ an extra Occupational Health Technician, so whether you are experience in working as an Occupational Health Technician previously, or whether you are a Sports Science graduate, with an interest in health and well being, looking for a permanent employment opportunity which will allow you to work in an industry that you are passionate about, but with a proper career path.
Our client provides Health Screening Services to companies who have a requirement to ensure their employees operate within a healthy workplace environment. Due to business growth there is an opportunity to join the team as a Health Technician. The ideal candidate will have a clean driving licence and be immediately available.
Duties will include:
- Provision of health screening and health surveillance program for a national utility provider, delivering mobile screening across a number of sites in the Midlands region.
- Day to day maintenance of health screening equipment and facilities
- Recording and maintaining clear, concise medical records
- Ensuring safe storage of medical records and equipment when offsite
- Driving mobile health screening units as required
- Maintaining high professional standards at all times
- Work to strict protocols and procedures set by medical professionals within Working on Wellbeing - Technicians are required to demonstrate, or develop through their training period, competency in the performance of a wide variety of screening tests and techniques, including the following:
1) Height, weight, abdominal circumference and calculation of BMI.
2) Blood pressure.
4) Audiometry & Otoscopy.
6) Vision Testing
7) Cholesterol Testing.
8) Use of Cardiovascular Risk Assessor.
9) Mobility & Musculoskeletal Assessment.
10) Skin Health Surveillance
11) HAVS Health Surveillance
- Demonstrate compliance with general mobile services standard procedures for mobile screening
- Consistently apply standard procedures for completion of clinical notes, data protection, handling of medical records and acquiring consent for all investigations
Skills & Experiences
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
- Basic IT skills, use of Excel, Word, Outlook and web based applications.
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel with requirements of overnight stays in hotels on a regular basis
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience in a health screening or medical environment is desirable
- Health related qualifications are preferable e.g. Biology/Physiology/Healthcare based qualifications
A full training and induction programme is given to all new Occupational Health Technicians.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: