You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Orthodontic Dental Nurse / Receptionist
Orthodontic Nurse & Receptionist
Salary £22,000-£24,000 (dependant on experience)
Shine Recruitment are working with a friendly and busy Specialist Orthodontic Practice based in Wimbledon, who are currently recruiting for an Orthodontic Nurse/Receptionist.
Working for 3 partners this is a busy and vibrant mixed NHS and Private practice offering a first class service to all patients. They are looking for a dedicated Orthodontic Nurse/Receptionist who thrives on a challenge and is a people person with excellent communication skills.
This role will be working Tuesday to Saturday on a rota basis with weekday start times between 7:30am – 9:30am, and weekday finish times between 4:30pm – 7pm. Saturday hours are 8:30am-2pm.
- At least 1 year’s orthodontic nursing experience
- Providing 4 handed dentistry
- Radiography, Impression taking and photography
- Must be registered with the General Dental Council
- Must have proof of Hepatitis B immunisation
- Must have a high level of written and spoken English
- Must be computer literate with accurate data input skills as the Practice uses specialist software, ie Orthotrac
- Must be proactive, be able to work on their own initiative and be a team player
- Successful applicants will be subject to checks
- Applicants must be a UK or EEC citizen or have a valid visa with the right to work In the UK
- Minimum of 2 years office/reception based experience
- Highly computer literate
- Experience of using Orthotrac computer system would be an advantage
Must be applying for a Permanent position
Good organisational and administrative skills are a prerequisite
- Attention to detail
Must have a high standard of English
- The working week would primarily be Tuesday to Saturday inclusive.
- Meet and Greet Patients and visitors
- Managing busy phone system
- Manage answer phone
- Managing a busy computerised diary
- To maintain reception and waiting room to create a welcoming, pleasing and orderly area
- Private patient point of call. Deal with all new patient enquiries and any concerns that other patients may have
- To maintain patient confidentiality
- Ensuring that all patient forms are being completed
- Making sure that the practice protocols with regard to medical history forms and change of patient details forms being issued, and completed
- To be aware of Health and Safety considerations with respect to patients and staff in the reception and access areas of the practice and ensure that all actions adhere to the Health and Safety policy of the practice
- Wherever possible, to anticipate patient’s anxieties and to answer questions referring to clinician/manager for further assistance if necessary
The practice encourages their nurses to continue their professional development as well as continuing studies to remain CPD compliant and the practice will assist with further study where applicable
What to do next
To apply for this position please send an up to date CV showing your relevant experience for the job.
If you are successful at this stage then you will be invited for interview with Shine Recruitment prior to meeting with the Practices.
If you are looking for a new role but this one isn’t quite right then please get in touch for a no strings conversation about your next career move.
If you think this job might be a good fit for a friend or colleague then tell them to quote your name in their application. If they are successful then you will be rewarded with £250 of shopping vouchers.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: